Monthly Wine Writing Challenge #3
Dog, Cat, Fur, Coat, Enshroud, Night, Eye, Heart, Love, Hate, Dark, Red, Wine…
If you came up with the same conclusion this challenge is perfect for you. The Drunken Cyclist came up with the idea of a Monthly Wine Writing Challenge, The Armchair Sommelier set last month’s theme (both blog names are fantastic word associations in themselves) and it’s my turn to set the challenge for September 2013 – thanks to everyone who was kind enough to vote for me.
The theme is . . . POSSESSION.
What associations does that word conjure up for you and how does that relate to wine?
Here’s what you have to do to join in:
Deadline for submission: Monday, September 23rd 2013 (four weeks from now).
Voting Begins: Tuesday, September 24th
Voting Ends: Saturday, September 28th
Winner Announced: Sunday, September 29th (like The Armchair Sommelier, it takes me a while to do maths).
The rules are simple.
1. The Monthly Wine Writing Challenge is a work in progress. Any (or all) of the “rules” below can be amended or even changed. As long as you are the King/Queen of the Wine Writing Challenge.
2. Write a post/article/essay based on the month’s theme. It is up to you to determine how to interpret the theme, but there needs to be some connection to wine.
3. The post should be between 500-1000 words because it’s been proved that people nod off after this time. If you disagree and can keep them riveted, go ahead. If you search WordPress for the tag wplongform you’ll realise you are not alone.
4. The post has to include a connection to wine (it’s a wine writing challenge).
5. Post your article/essay on your own blog. Link back to this post, send me a link to your post, or include it as a comment here (or do all three). I will link to all the posts at the voting announcement (on 24th September).
6. Spread the word. Use the hashtag #MWWC3 on Twitter and Facebook and persuade, cajole, or bribe as many of your wine-centric blogger friends and connections to take the plunge. Who knows what sparkling writing and ideas could emerge from two little words (possession and wine that is!)
7. Once voting begins, vote for your top three favourite posts… but you can’t vote for yourself. The winner will get a huge virtual round of applause and will set the next month’s challenge (i.e. October 2013).
If you’ve never taken part in a writing challenge before, this is a great place to start. Who knows what your unconscious mind will reveal. Uncork your creativity (sorry) and enjoy writing and reading all the other interpretations. So are you up for this?
- Monthly Wine Writing Challenge #1 (thedrunkencyclist.com)
- Monthly Wine Writing Challenge #2 (armchairsommelier.wordpress.com)
- Wine in the afternoon – how to survive a wine fair (mycustardpie.com)